Business Intelligence Analyst, Salary: £25k - £30k + bonus, Location: West of England
The role will involve providing analytical support to the business, which will include the production of performance dashboards and insight reports to help shape the performance and profitability of the business.
Performing data analysis with information from multiple sources, you will assess business performance against targets and Key Performance Indicators; undertake change impact analysis; identify trends and produce recommendations to management on business strategy and impact.
Through your insight we will look to drive improvements in performance and exploit opportunities for change.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Gathering requirements from internal departments/stakeholders.
* Using SQL Server to script complex queries across multiple tables/unions to extract and validate data to ensure its accuracy.
* Performing data analysis including the production of performance dashboards and insight reports.
* Assessing performance against targets and Key Performance Indicators.
* Undertaking change impact analysis and forecasting.
* Providing recommendations to management/key stakeholders on business strategy and impact.
Skills and Experience Required
* Degree educated, ideally with a minimum 2:1 Bachelor or Masters level degree (preferably in mathematics, economics, engineering, information management or business).
* Use of Microsoft SQL Server (Preferably SQL 2008).
* Preferred experience with BI Tools (experience using SSRS, SharePoint 2010 Business Objects, Google Analytics etc advantageous).
* Advanced Microsoft Excel - use of VBA/Macros an advantage.
* A track record in delivering first-rate analysis, Business Intelligence and insight.
* Highly analytical, meticulous and excellent attention to detail.
* Proven ability in analysing large sets and subsets of data.
* Strong data manipulation skills, able to identify discrepancies and validate data to ensure accuracy (data manipulation skills in both Microsoft Excel and SQL Server or equivalent BI Tool).
* Able to interpret data in a meaningful format and provide recommendations on business strategy and impact.
* An understanding of the process of gathering and documenting manager's requirements.
* Have a real passion/curiosity with data and analysis.